Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Flying Bird Tattoo


My 6th tattoo will be an addition to one of my existing tattoos. I want to get four birds flying above and below the roman numeral date I have on my right wrist. This tattoo is not only visually pleasing it will also have an enormous amount of signifance to my life. The four birds will represent the four people that I consider to be part of my immediate family, my mother, father, sister and myself. The date on my wrist stands for the date my grandmother died. The flying silhouettes represent that we have all now let go and moved on and accepted the fact that she has moved on to a better place and that one day when the time comes, we will all eventually fly with her in heaven. The reason why I want the birds in black silhouettes is because I want the tattoo to have an ambiguous quality to it. You won't understand until you hear the background and meaning behind it. Each of my existing tattoos have some relative and significant meaning to me. The phrases "Only Love," "dont forget," and "Part of moving on is letting go," all relate to stages in my life that I hold dear. These birds will be the second symbol I put on my body, the first being a cross symbolizing my faith in God, forgiveness after suffering, and resurrection. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment