Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Different Point of View


About this time yesterday I would have been washing the breakfast dishes before getting ready for work. But instead, today I get a call, a call that changes my life forever. My sister left for work this morning, the last thing she tells me is that she'll text me around lunch time to make arrangements on where to go. But instead, she's lying cold in a morgue, because she's just been shot. My body doesn't know how to react, I'm in disbelief, "This is not real," I tell myself. But, in a few hours, my family will call me to tell me of the news, the news I already know. I finish washing the dishes and walk to my room. I stand there imagining how it happend, who did it and how angry I am with this person. You would think that working at a school would be one of the safest places to work, no less a grade school. But, now my sister is gone, and I don't know what to do from here. Do I go down there? Go to my parent's house? I don't know. The only thing that rings repeatedly in my head, "You're sister's dead."

0 comments:

Post a Comment