Monday, January 14, 2013

If Someone Gave Me A Plane Ticket, Where Would I Go?


If I had a plane ticket to go anywhere in the world, at this moment I would choose to go to the Philippines. I want to visit the Philippines again so that I could see the rest of my family since the only family members I have in America are my immediate family. Family, to me, is extremely important. My grandmother also recently died, so I want to visit her grave and leave flowers, and a rosary there to honor her. If given the option, I would give my father the plane ticket, since he couldn't make it in time to see my grandmother before she died. Being in the islands, it gives you a sense of relaxation and also a sense of appreciation for what we have in America. Island life in the Philippines is extremely modest and people live on almost nothing.   
There is a huge separation between the social classes in the Philippines, you are either rich or poor and there is rarely middle class families. But there's a sense of ease to living on the islands of the Philippines rather than the metropolitan areas such as Manila or Quezon City. 

 
Manila at Night
Marinduque, Philippines

0 comments:

Post a Comment