Friday, January 18, 2013

Russian Roulette


Three chances to survive that's all you get, in this game anything can happen. Spin the cylinder round and around it goes, where it stops nobody knows, is what goes through her head. I watch her intently, I can see she worries. Put the gun to your head, pull the trigger. Click. Nothing. Just a gentle sigh of relief rolling out of her lips. It's my turn now. Spin the cylinder round and around it goes, where it stops nobody knows, is what's going through my head. I feel my wrist tense, click. Nothing. One for one, it's still anybody's game. I pass the gun to her, and again spin the cylinder, put it to your head, click. Nothing. It seems as if we've been playing this game forever, even though I know it's only been five minutes. Now I worry, there's only three shots left. Click, again my wrist tenses and I can almost hear her thoughts now. Two shots left, and only two people in the room. We stare at each other, I wonder how we got to this place. How low we both must have  fell to play such a lethal game of chance. But, none of that is of any concern now, I'll hold my word, and I know she will too. But we both know who will walk out of this room alive. I pass her the gun, she's almost all in slow motion. I watch her fingers apply pressure to the cylinder, I watch it spin ever so slowly and when it stops I quiver. She raises it to her head, click. Only one shot left to share for two people. She passes me the gun. I examine it for just  a second, then I spin the cylinder and when it stops again I raise it to my head. I pull the trigger slowly. And the only thing I hear is....

0 comments:

Post a Comment