Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Food items I can't live without


The two food items I could not live without are eggs and rice. As a Filipino-American I consume rice as part of my daily diet. Ever since I was a young I ate rice, when I was a baby I ate a typical type of rice porridge that is typical to the Philippines that even adults eat. Eggs are also part of my daily diet, i eat eggs every morning and before I go to sleep. However, with my high metabolism I do not tend to gain weight. During the school year I tend to lose more weight due to the time constraints and limitations on when I can eat. During the summer I tend to gain more weight because I eat all the time. Eggs and rice are my go to food when I'm hungry, partly because rice is always available in my household and eggs are easy to cook. I can make myself a variety of dishes from these two main ingredients along with a few sub-ingredients for example fried rice, rice with hard-boiled eggs on top, egg salad with a side of rice, garlic rice (typical from the Philippines) and deviled eggs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment